Tuesday, January 23, 2007

MS Vista is almost ready for Alpha testing!


I decided to put together the justification that Microsoft has given for not purchasing the Vista operating system, until it has released Service Pack 2 or 4, with the performance of its last few operating systems. Check it out:


Windows 95 too long ago, I don't recall

Windows NT SP4 or else you had a ton of problems

Windows 98 SP2 or else you couldn't do much of anything

Windows 2000 SP4 or watch out

Windows ME not sure, never used it

Windows XP SP2 or security holes galore


People have long maintained that Microsoft sells its software before it is really ready, and they have not done anything over the last several operating system releases to prove us wrong.


Learn from Microsoft itself, don't buy Vista yet, wait until SP2 at least.

1 comment:

boiling123 said...

Oh come on, it's not that bad. I've been running the RTM version of Vista Enterprise and Ultimate since they were released and they are both great. However, I wouldn't recommend "upgrading" as you need to install from scratch. It works especially well with Office 2007.