
Loving all things mechanical, as I do, I had the Scouts who I am work with on their Engineering Merit Badge make a trebuchet for a 'plan and build' project. We started with the first picture as our plan, which I grabbed on the net.After detail planning and suggestions from one of the boys, we ended up with the second pitcture.
It is made of PVC pipe (3/4" dia.), and is 120 cm on the base. It was throwing snowaballs about 30 ft. out on the frozen lake where we camped last night.
Here is a video of it throwing a snowball in our driveway.
Here is a video of it throwing a snowball in our driveway.
2 comments:
Now that's how you do the engineering merit badge. The real question is if Calvin or Hobbes would have made that for their snow ball fights.
Or Susie Derkins...
Susie, no questions asked. Now, to throw a snow ball or water balloon at her, or to throw her doll away from her IS an appropriate question.
Post a Comment